- The number of IPOs per sector is proportional to the industry composition for all IPOs in 2016 that met our criteria.
- We analyzed the geographic distribution of IPOs by surveying the location of issuers’ headquarters.
- Our study included issuers with headquarters in 21 states and nine foreign countries.
- IPO issuers were incorporated across nine countries.
- 49 of 57 (86%) IPOs with headquarters in the U.S. were incorporated in Delaware.
- U.S. issuers were incorporated in four different states.
*Other includes AZ, CO, DE, FL, HI, KS, MN, NV, NJ, NC, OK, TN, VA, Bermuda (2) and China (Cayman Incorporated).
**FPIs include issuers with headquarters in China (3), and one each from Argentina, France, Germany, India, Japan, the Netherlands and